Hafazan surah sebagai mahar pernikahan

on Saturday, June 22, 2013


Hiba Ammar writes: 

When my father proposed to my mother… He dedicated Surah Al-Imran, which he memorized off heart, as her “Mahr” (dowry) 

And when my husband proposed to me, my father told him that he would have to memorize a surah of the Quran as my mahr.. The wedding will not go on unless i’v received my mahr  I was asked to pick one of the surahs… I chose Surah Al-Noor… For all the laws that Surah contained within it and for the fact that it seemed hard to memorize on my behalf. And before our wedding day; aside of being busy preparing for our “Newly wedded Nest”… The Quran wouldn’t leave my husband’s hand an entire month as he was memorizing the surah…

A few day before our wedding day, my husband came to recite to my father the surah which he had completed. My father told him every time u make a mistake, u would have to start from the beginning all over again :)) My husband began reciting surah Al-Noor with his calm/gentle voice in such a “beautiful” scene which I will never forget. My mother and I would look at one another and would smile awaiting my husband to make a mistake so he would have to start all over again and by that increase my “Reward”…

But my husband - May Allah bless him - had memorized the surah off heart and didn’t even forget one single verse of it. Once he finished my father hugged him and said to him: “Today I shall marry my daughter to u for u have fulfilled her mahr.. and your pledge to me..” He didn’t pay me a financial mahr… And we didn’t buy gold worth tens of thousands… He sufficed me with Allah’s words as an oath/contract between us… And the Question is….

I wonder what Surah my daughter will chose as her mahr in the future?

Via Aman Shamsuddin


pssttt..Allah..rasa pernikahan tu benar benar ikhlas dan suci kan.. :) untung laaa...

Ranking: 5

{ 0 Comments... read them below or add one }

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
lb1f.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/eHUP
 
© Corat.Coret.Cikgu™ | All Rights Reserved
D.I.Y Themes ByBelajar SEO